Each Proposal Must Answer The Following Questions:
1) Explanation of the program or experience
2) Length of program (will you require time off school?)
3) Name and contact info of the program or destinations- Address, Phone, Email, Website
4) Cost of program, estimated travel and lodging costs
5) Potential extra expenses (i.e. additional gear needed, passport, extra/add-on trips, souvenirs, toiletries, food, etc.)
6) If your intended experience will exceed the $2,500 scholarship award, explain your plan to pay the remaining balance?
7) Explain your research-How did you find the program or experience? How/Where did you collect all the logistical information? Cite sources!!
8) What do you hope to learn from the experience and how will it positively impact your life now and going forward? (For examples, how might this program enhance you educationally, culturally, professionally, personally, emotionally, physically, etc. Be specific)
9) Why did you choose this program? Why is this experience important to you?
10) Any ideas about how to share what you learn with the community when you return home?
11) What sort of values and real world lessons would this program help you to learn more about?
12) What are your biggest obstacles, concerns and/or fears with your intended experience? In what ways might you be out of your comfort zone?
Click here to download the list of proposal topics.